| || |
raise your voice for girls
On October 11, 2012, the world will rejoice in celebrating the first ever International Day of the Girl Child, proclaimed in December 2011 by the resolution of the UN General Assembly. Although the status of girls around the world does not call for a jubilation, the Day of the Girl is a wonderful opportunity to raise our voice for girls, to help them live their dreams and fulfill their aspirations, to educate ourselves about the struggles they face, and to galvanize global "enthusiasm for goals to better girls' lives." Please join Smile Play Learn and several other participating blogs in celebrating the Day of the Girl through a blog hop (linky) on October 11.
Spread the Word & Join Our Blog Hop
If you blog, you are cordially invited to participate in a Day of the Girl blog hop, which will go live on October 11. There are just a few simple steps you need to follow.
- Please take a look at the following resources to learn more about the Day of the Girl and about various ways to observe it.
- Compose a blog post with the Day of the Girl celebration in mind. The ideas for such a blog post are endless. Write a story about your life as a girl, the life of a girl you know, or about global challenges faced by girls around the globe. Feature an organization involved in advancing girls' rights. Post an interview with a girl about what it's like to be a girl today. Showcase a craft or a piece of art about girls. Review a book by or about girls.
- Come back on October 11 and share your blog post through Linky Tools. The linky will go live on October 11 and will remain open for several weeks. If you would like to co-host the blog hop, please send me a message with a link to your blog. I will send you a linky code to post on your website.
- Spread the word about your post and about the blog hop through social media. The grab my button code is provided below.
- Enjoy the celebration and inspire others to promote the rights of girls around the world!